Apply for your pension online
It's easy to apply for your pension! Sign in to My Account and complete the online application (no more than) 90 days before your pension effective date.
Sign in to my account to apply for your pension.
After you click submit, you’ll receive your first pension payment at the end of the month your pension is effective. We'll contact you if we have any questions or need more information.
Another way to apply for your pension
You can also apply for your pension by completing a paper application and mailing it to BC's College Pension Plan.
If you are an active or inactive member, you are eligible to apply for your pension online once you reach the earliest retirement age of 55.
Please contact the College Pension Plan for assistance with your application if:
- You are a limited member
- You have separated or divorced and have not yet informed us how to divide your pension benefit with your former spouse
- Your My Account sign-in information (username and password)
- An electronic copy (.pdf, .jpg, .png or .bmp) of government-issued identification to confirm your age and identity
- if the valid forms of identification (listed below) are not available, contact us for acceptable alternatives
- if you’ve changed your name and it’s not reflected on these documents, include a legal change-of-name document or marriage certificate for each name change
- If you are applying for a joint life pension, an electronic copy (.pdf, .jpg, .png or .bmp) of government-issued identification to confirm your spouse’s age and identity
- Personal Health Numbers for you and any dependants you may be adding to your retirement health and dental coverage
- Your bank account information
Examples of acceptable forms of government-issued identification include:
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s licence or identification card
- Provincial health care card (e.g., BC Services card)
- Marriage certificate