Buying past service: A guide for Simon Fraser University employees
Learn about buying service if you were employed by Simon Fraser University (SFU) when it joined the College Pension Plan on July 1, 2021.
If you want to buy your past service, follow these steps:
- Open and save Purchase of Service Application package on the Submit a form to buy service page
- Complete Part A of the application
- Check “Other” under the purchase type and indicate you’re buying past service
- Submit the form to SFU
SFU will complete Part B and submit your application to the plan. Once we receive the completed application, we will send you a Statement of Cost letting you know:
- The cost of buying service
- How buying service will affect your pension
- The deadline for making the purchase, if you decide to do so
- How to pay for the past service
The statement is valid for 120 days from when it is generated.
Note: If you have questions about how to complete your part of the form, talk to SFU. They can help you fill it out correctly.