Tax information for retired members

Your pension is taxable income. We will deduct federal and provincial income tax from your monthly pension payment.

Your tax slip (T4A or NR4) as a retired member

Your pension is taxable income – you need to report your pension income on your tax return.

You can find this information on the tax slip (T4A or NR4) we send you with the winter issue of Pension Life each year. This slip includes the pension-related information you need to report on your tax return, such as:

  • Your total annual pension income
  • The income tax we deducted from your pension income
  • Other information that may apply to your particular situation

You will receive your tax slip in the mail. You can also view and download it online through My Account.

External link for your tax slip as a retired member

If you have questions about completing your tax return, visit Canada Revenue Agency or call 1-800-959-8281.

Related content for tax information for retired members

Understand your retired member pension statement

Retirement health coverage