COVID-19 update: To minimize service impacts and ensure the safety of our staff, we are not accepting paper documents at this time. Please send all forms and paperwork through My Account Message Centre. If you cannot access My Account or need assistance, please contact us.
Submit a form to claim a child-rearing credit
Send us a form to increase your contributory service by getting credit for time you took off work to raise your child (or children).
Submit the form
- Download and complete the Child-rearing declaration form
- Print and sign the form
- Attach a clear copy of a birth certificate or adoption paper for each child to the form
- Send the completed form and documents to BC's College Pension Plan
You can apply for the child-rearing credit if you:
- Were an active plan member (or had existing service in the plan) before you took time off to raise a child
- Quit work or took an employer-approved full-time unpaid leave of absence specifically to raise a child under age seven
- Did not contribute to the Canada Pension Plan or any registered pension plan during the child-rearing time
- Returned to work and began contributing to the plan again after the child-rearing period
- A copy of a birth certificate or adoption paper for each child