COVID-19 update: To minimize service impacts and ensure the safety of our staff, we’re not accepting paper documents. Please send your personal forms and paperwork through My Account Message Centre. If you cannot access My Account, aren’t a pension plan member or are submitting on behalf of someone else, please contact us.

Submit a form to buy service

Use this application if you cannot use the online purchase cost estimator.

Submit the form

If you are not eligible to apply to buy service online, you can submit the Purchase of Service Application form.

  1. Open and save the form.
  2. Complete part A.
  3. Send the completed form to your current employer. Your employer may request additional documents to complete your application (e.g., pay stubs or a letter of hire). Your employer will complete part B and send the form to the plan.


Once we have processed your application, we will send you a statement.

If you have chosen to continue contributing to your pension while on an approved leave of absence under the Employment Standards Act (ESA), you will receive regular statements about once a month.

Another way to submit the form

Most members can use the purchase cost estimator in My Account to estimate their cost and apply to buy service.


Use this form only if you meet one of the following criteria. Otherwise, sign in to My Account and use the purchase cost estimator to start your application.

Submit this form if you:

  • Want to make continuous contributions during an ESA-approved leave of absence
  • Have a former spouse who is entitled to a share of your pension
  • Are currently working in a position where you do not make monthly pension contributions
  • Are currently on long-term disability and want to buy back a previous leave
  • Want to buy service for an ESA-approved leave and you were not working full time before the leave
Required information
  • The type of service you want to buy
  • The start and end dates of your gap in service


Your employer can help you find this information.

External link to employment standards

Government of B.C. Employment Standards