Tax information for retired members

Your pension is taxable income. We will deduct federal and provincial income tax from your monthly pension payment.

How to request that we deduct additional tax

You can ask us to deduct more income tax from your monthly pension payment. Send us a written request that includes your full name, signature and three personal identifiers, such as:

  • Person ID (find this on your pension statement)
  • Date of birth
  • Telephone number
  • Address

If you send your request electronically, we don't need your signature.

As part of your request, please tell us how you want the additional income tax deducted:

  • Total dollar amount
  • Additional dollar amount
  • Total per cent

Related content for tax information for retired members

Understand your retired member pension statement

Retirement health coverage