How to address a concern or appeal a decision

Find out the steps you can take if you have a concern about how the plan rules were applied.

Have a question or concern?

If you have a concern about BC Pension Corporation's service or a decision that affects you, contact BC's College Pension Plan – we want to hear about it. We care about getting things right. In most cases, we can resolve the issue quickly, easily and to everyone's satisfaction.

Contact us at:

College Pension Plan
PO Box 9460
Victoria BC V8W 9V8
Online: Sign in to My Account and click the envelope for Message Centre

What happens when you contact us

Pension Corporation will review the information you send, as well as any relevant background information on file, and respond with answers to your questions or information about the concern you raised. As the administrative agent of the plan, the corporation's priority is to ensure the plan rules are applied correctly.

If you aren't satisfied with the response

If you aren’t satisfied with the corporation’s response, you can request a formal review. The process has two steps:

  1.   An administrative review by the corporation’s director of pension operations
  2.   A formal appeal to the College Pension Board of Trustees

You must complete the administrative review before filing an appeal. This action can often resolve concerns and avoid an appeal.

Any person or organization directly affected by a decision made by the corporation in applying the plan rules can complete this process.


Related content for how to address a concern or appeal a decision

Plan rules

Green Shield Canada

Office of the Ombudsperson