Retirement health coverage and you

Support your health and peace of mind. Learn about the coverage options available to you as a retired member of BC's College Pension Plan.

Waiving coverage

If you do not wish to enrol in the extended health care and/or dental plans, indicate this when applying for your pension online or on the Application for voluntary extended health care and dental benefits form. If you do not apply online or return this application form to us within 60 days of your pension effective date, we will assume you do not want coverage.

If you decide not to enrol in the extended health care and/or dental plans when you retire, you can enrol at a later date if you've had continuous coverage from another plan from the date you started your pension.

If you wish to enrol your spouse and/or eligible dependant(s), they must also have had continuous coverage from a different plan.

External links for retirement health coverage

Read the Green Shield Canada My Benefit Plan booklet 

Medical Services Plan of BC

Related content for retirement health coverage and you

Planning for retirement

Applying for your pension